Full Service vs. Record Keeping
CHOICE homeschool offers two different types of service: Full Service and Record Keeping. The following information is designed to help you choose the service that will best fit your needs.
Our Full Service option is designed to make your homeschooling experience as easy as possible. Every year, new families decide they would like to homeschool for the very first time. We believe in empowering those families to give their children the very best education possible. To that end, we provide our Full Service option, which includes the following:
- Upon enrollment, we contact the Board of Education in your county to notify them that you have enrolled with our program.
- We will request records from your student's previous school.
- If necessary, we will assign diagnostic testing, which will help us place your student in our curriculum.
- Our director will complete an academic projection for your student. This projection will outline the subjects we believe will best benefit your student over the course of the next few years.
- We will contact you for your approval. We never order curriculum without the parent's approval. Once the projection is complete, we will call to let you know what subjects we would like your student to take for the year. At this time, we will notify you of the curriculum cost for the year and discuss payment options with you. For more information about curriculum costs, please visit the Payment Information page.
- Once you have approved the curriculum and made a payment, we will ship it to you. Also included in your first shipment will be the forms you will need to complete and return to us once per semester.
- We will maintain your student's records in our office, generate transcripts, and (if they decide to complete high school with us) provide a diploma.
- Your re-enrollment fee will drop to $25 if you continue with us for more than one consecutive year.
Our Record Keeping option is designed for the veteran homeschooler. Once you've been homeschooling for a while, you may decide that you can do most of the work on your own. If that is the case, this is the best option for you. With Record Keeping, you will pay a yearly enrollment fee of $60. This covers us contacting the Board of Education, requesting records, and maintaining your student's file. We will also generate transcripts and provide a diploma. The rest is up to you! We require an academic plan (we have a form you can use), which lists what subjects you wish your student to take, the curriculum provider you plan to use, and the grade level of the curriculum to be used. Our director will make sure your plan fits within the State minimum requirements, then we will give you the ok to purchase your curriculum. After that, you will be required to turn in grades and attendance to our office twice per year (we send you a form).