TN Promise / Hope Scholarship
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS NOVEMBER 1ST!
QUICK REFERENCE SHEET
- Offers 2 years of tuition free community or technical college to high school graduates (began with the Class of 2015)
- No GPA, ACT or income requirements
- Complete 8 hours of community service
- Students must apply online at tnpromise.gov
- Attend mandatory meetings at local high school
- Complete FAFSA by deadline listed on their website
- Apply for community college or Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) by spring.
- Once in the program, students must maintain a 2.0, complete 8 hours of community service before the start of each term enrolled and file the FAFSA
Tennessee Hope Scholarship (Lottery):
- Award Amount: Up to $6000/yr for 4 year institutions; Up to $3000/yr for 2 year inst.
- Students must have a minimum of a 21 ACT OR overall GPA of 3.0
- No income requirements
- Students must enroll within 16 months of high school graduation at an eligible institution.
- Complete FAFSA in order to apply for HOPE